My last blog post I shared my excitement about being able to customize my WordPress OG Tags.
Now I am going to share the steps to creating your own customize OG Tags for your WordPress blog.
*Side note* I am not a programmer even though I would love to learn more about programming. I had to find a way to insert OG tags into my WordPress blog that coincided with my theme. I did not know how to hard code this. So, I know there are other ways to do this, but this is the way I did it! 🙂
**Side Note Dos* Some of the words on the links overlap, but hopefully the printouts will give you enough of an idea on how to change the settings.
1. Make sure you are in a state of mind that allows you to practice patience. Hopefully, I can make this process a lot less painful for you than it was for me!
2. In your WordPress site dashboard select the tab “Plugins”.
3. Then activate the “All In One SEO Pack” (my is already active in the screenshot below)
4. Next, you want to hover over the “All In One SEO Pack” tab and select “Feature Manager”.
5. This is where you activate the “Social Media” Feature Manager by selecting “Activate” (once again mine is already active).
6. Next, you want to hover over the “All In One SEO Pack” tab and select “General Settings”.
7. You will find the settings for “General Settings” at this link.
8. The most important thing will be to pay attention to the Title Settings. You will want to insert your tagline in after %page title% for the field: “Home Page Title Format”.
9. After changing the setting in the “General Settings” according to the link make sure you click the “Update Options” button. There are two sites where the button is located at the top of the page and the bottom of the page.
10. Next, you want to hover over the “All In One SEO Pack” tab and select “Social Media”.
11. You will find the settings for “Social Media” at this link.
12. You want to make sure you have a link for your default picture in all three fields. Also, make sure you have entered the dimensions of your default image. If you click use default picture when none available then your default pic will be shared when someone shares your homepage. Instead of it selecting a random picture located on your homepage.
13. After changing the setting in the “Social Media according to the link make sure you click the “Update Options” button. There are two sites where the button is located at the top of the page and the bottom of the page.
Hopefully, this works! Please comment if it doesn’t and hopefully I can help you!
If you want to check to see how your OG Tags look this is a good website to refer to: Facebook for Developers
Good Luck! 🙂